HOW DO YOU CREATE A MINDSET FOR SUCCESS?
It has been said that success is achieved 80% in the mind and 20% strategies.
However, I believe that, (especially for me) it could be as much as 90% to do with your mind.
Because through my experience, if you can’t silence all the noise in your head causing all your doubts, fears and worries, you can have the best strategies in the world, but without the right mindset you will slip into self sabotage and not take the necessary actions to achieve your goals and dreams!
Watch this video below on how to create a success mindset!
WHAT IS A SUCCESS MINDSET?
It all comes down to belief…your belief in yourself and what you are capable of achieving.
If you believe you can do something you most likely can!
If you believe you can’t do something you most likely won’t!
It is the reason you will give up after facing problems or challenges or not starting in the first place!
You see, everyone is capable of achieving so much more out of life, they just don’t even realise it or don’t have the necessary belief in themselves that it is possible!
WHAT CAUSES FAILURE?
The self limiting beliefs that have been rattling around in your subconscious mind since childhood…Think back… What did you hear when you were growing up?
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
- I’m not made of money
- You have to work hard to get ahead
- Go to school, get a good job and work hard for the next 40 years and save for a rainy day
Some of my favourites my Mother used to say when referring to some one that had money were…”he’s got more money than a bull can s**t” or “he’s as tight as a fishes a***hole”
You see my family, like most were hard working, well meaning people, but they were never exposed to any role models of rich and successful people and didn’t know anything different.
Society in general is full of a lot of negativity and people that will put you down, just look at the nightly news… I rarely watch it anymore, it is just too depressing!!
Some of the self limiting beliefs that I continue to deal with include…Procrastination, Fear of rejection, Fear of Failure, The Fear of putting yourself out there, Plus numerous doubts and worries.
SO HOW DO YOU CHANGE YOUR MINDSET?
The bad news is it does take time but you can start straight away!
What I have done and continue to do is continually feed my mind with good information.
- Listen to audios… I try to do this while going for a walk or exercising or driving my car.
- Read books… some of the good ones include “The Charge by Brendon Burchard” “The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey” “Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers” or the classic “Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill”
- You Tube some of these people as well as others such as Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, Jack Canfield, Brian Tracy, T Harv. Ecker, Doug Nelson and Robert Kiyosaki. These people and others have been great mentors and role models to myself.
- Find a mentor or life coach and surround yourself with like minded people such as the community at Wealthy Affiliate
- Also using tools such as positive affirmations and declarations
- The power of visualisation and meditation
- Creating a mission statement or code of conduct that will hold yourself to a higher standard
- And of course there will continue to be a wealth of information here at My Road To Financial Freedom.com!
In summary, working on your mindset is a life long journey that will never end, but the more you work on yourself your rewards will come back in spades.
Here at myroadtofinancialfreedom.com, I believe that that your mindset directly relates to your ability to create wealth and achieve success along your OWN Road To Financial Freedom!!
If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below.
To your success,
John W. Newman
Lifestyle Entrepreneur and Your Online Business Mentor
Dream It… Believe It… Then Achieve It!
Love social media? Join me on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Instagram.