To be successful in life in any endeavour, whether it be in business, relationships or anything else you must be a great leader. A leader of both yourself and of others!
So how do you become a great leader?
To become a great leader you must first think like a great leader, and there are three key areas where a leader will think differently from others and certain traits and standards that a leader believes in and lives by.
THE THREE WAYS A GREAT LEADER THINKS DIFFERENTLY
- A great leader will see things as they are, but not worse than they are.
In other words a great leader will see the reality of the situation, but not worry or make things out to be worse. He will get all the facts and know exactly what the problem or situation is, who is involved and not panic or turn the situation into a catastrophe!
2. A great leader will then see things better than they are.
A leader will then take the positive view that any problem or obstacle can be solved or overcome and made better. At the very least he can minimise the worst case scenario as he looks for the win-win outcome.
3. A great leader then makes it that way!
A leader will first gain all the facts, see what needs to be done and then spring in to action and take the necessary steps to get the job done!!!
BUT WHAT ARE THE TRAITS THAT MAKE A GREAT LEADER
A great leader has certain standards and traits that they live by, that makes them stand out from the crowd!
- Honesty, a great leader is always honest and trustworthy.
- Integrity, a great leader will do what they say they will… NO MATTER WHAT!
- They hold themselves to a higher standard.
- A Vision of where they want to go… An example of seeing things better than they are.
- The ability to influence and inspire others to then see that vision and to follow them.
- Great Communication skills, and also to have a sense of humour, because if people don’t like you they certainly won’t follow you!!
- Confident and focused at the job at hand.
- Committed and determined… An attitude of never giving up!!
- A positive attitude.
- Creative and have great intuition.
- The ability to delegate tasks and to get everyone working together as a team… They are great team builders!
- And most importantly they Lead By Example… Because if people do not respect you, they certainly will not follow You!!!
So these are some of the traits and characteristics of being a great leader and as I continue on My Road To Financial Freedom, they are traits that I certainly aspire to, how about you?
If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below, I will be happy to help.
Again, I am John Newman and always remember… Dream It… Believe It… Then Achieve It!!