How to make money from home blogging?
Have you recently seen on television or read in the latest magazines how a heap of stay at home Mums are making their fortunes by blogging?
Well it is true!
It is becoming more and more common these days, where average normal Mums and Dads are making money from home by blogging and building online businesses.
Quite often these online businesses are developed in their spare time, and built up over time, eventually creating a full time income, and some are even making their fortunes.
The power and worldwide reach of the Internet has created these amazing opportunities, and the time to get started is right NOW!
What is blogging?
A blog is short for “web blog”. Wikipedia states that a blog is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first). This is commonly called your blog roll.
Many blogs provide commentary on a particular subject, others function as more personal online diaries, others function more as online brand advertising of a particular individual or company.
A blog also allows comments to increase user interactivity and will have links imbedded in the text that can link to other articles you have written, other useful information, or even somewhere to make a purchase for something.
Blogs are usually updated on a regular basis and bloggers not only produce content to post on their blogs, but also build social relations with their readers and other bloggers
In it’s simplest form, a blog is just a short article (maybe 500-2000 words) that informs the reader with some useful information.
How do you make money from blogging?
- The most important thing to remember if you want to make money blogging, is to create valuable content.
Inform the reader about a particular subject with engaging, useful information.
Creating and writing content is time consuming, and it will take some time to start earning money.
That it is why you should start a blog about something you are interested in and preferably passionate about, so when it does take some time to earn a substantial income, you are still having fun in the process.
- The next thing you should focus on is creating trust and building a following.
This all comes from creating informative content, and over time you will build authority and position yourself as an expert in your niche.
People buy from people that they know, like and trust.
- Next is that you actually have to make some money.
Being an expert and having an enormous following is one thing, but it doesn’t pay the bills, so eventually you want to monetise your blog, and this can be done in several ways.
- Advertising – You can display banner ads on your site and when someone clicks on them, you make some money. By using an Ad network such as Google Adwords, when you have enough traffic coming to your site, you can make a lot of money in this way. Just make sure that the Ads complement your content.
- Selling physical products – Using a program like Amazon for example, you can set up a whole online shopfront and sell a range of products on any topic imaginable. You can also create your own physical products and sell them online.
- Selling digital products – Creating and selling downloadable digital products such as eBooks can be very profitable. Like-wise creating online courses and membership sites are where the really big boys hang out and make massive profits online, and all of these digital products can be sold from a humble little blog post.
- Affiliate marketing – This is my favourite way for people to get started to make money from home by blogging. You can actually link to other people’s products from your blog, and if they make a purchase, you make a commission. They have done all the hard work for you and all you have have to do is inform the reader about it. Affiliate marketing is actually what I believe to be the BEST way to start earning money online.
What do I need to start my own blog?
All you really need to start a blog is a WordPress website, but to actually have success blogging there are a couple of other things that I believe are essential.
- Tools – You need the right tools to do the job and as I just mentioned you need a WordPress website as they are definitely the simplest and easiest way to create a highly successful blog, and I know just the place where you can get a blog and somewhere to host it for free.
- Training – The reason that it usually takes a lot of time for people to actually start making money from their blog is that they don’t know what they are doing. You wouldn’t start a new job without getting some on the job training, so why should creating a blog be any different? I also know where you can access some free world-class blog and online business training.
- Support – Don’t try to do it all alone! To build a successful blog, it is so important to surround yourself with people that have already done it themselves and want to help, mentor and support you. You don’t need to re-invent the wheel.
So if you really want to learn how to make money from home blogging, I have an amazing opportunity for you, where you can access a free website, and a 10 lesson course where you will learn how to build a successful blog… and monetise it! $$$
You will also have access to a whole community of bloggers and online business owners that have built their OWN successful blogs themselves, and you will also have the opportunity to have me mentor you personally, as you build your OWN online business blog.
To learn more about how you can make money from home blogging, click here:
Personally, I believe that it is inevitable that blogging will become even more powerful in the future, with more people and businesses recognising the power of bloggers as online influencers.
Anyone can start a blog thanks to the simple (and often free) tools readily available online.
The question will likely become not, “Why should I start a blog?” but rather, “Why shouldn’t I start a blog?”
If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below.
To your success,
John W. Newman
Dream It… Believe It… Then Achieve It!